[cddlm] XML-CDL ver 1.0 final(?) draft

Keisuke Fukui kfukui at labs.fujitsu.com
Sat Dec 25 05:59:59 CST 2004

Hello folks,

Congratulations on an accomplishment!
I discussed about the document within our team. Here are the
comments/questions from it. I hope this may be a help in any way.

- We will appreciate a more detailed explanation for each object in the
figure.
  For example, what are the meanings of the term "events" and "observer"
  illustrated in figure 5 in chapter 11?

- A glossary might be helpful to readers.
  For example, the word "property" is first used in section 3.2.1,
  but I was not sure what it represents in the CDL context until section
5.1.
  And the word "CDL" is used after section 6.1 with no explanation.

- We will appreciate the conceptual modeling written in section 3.1.
  Are the concepts (e.g. Configurable Components, System, ...) used
throughout
  the series of CDDLM specifications?  If so, a more detailed explanation
  is expected. It must be a great help for understanding the entire picture
  of CDDLM. I believe it should be here rather than in separate documents.

- The language requirements are defined in each released document
  (foundation document / SF-CDL / XML-CDL) and they are slightly different
  each other. We will appreciate a bit clarification or justification
for it.

- The existing CDL specification defines the generic mechanism for
  inheritance and reference, but who defines the standard vocabularies
  to describe services and resources?
  We are not sure if configuration descriptions can be interoperable
  without standard vocabularies.

- In chapter 2 and 3, the relationship between XML-CDL and SF-CDL is
  explained prior to the detailed explanation of configuration description.
  Unless they are being used together, I guess it may be better placed in
  appendixes. The main part of the document should be standalone I believe.

My apologies if there are lack of my understandings.

Regards,
Keisuke Fukui
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd