[appagg-rg] RE:APPAGG Minutes attached

dimitris lioupis dlioupis at cti.gr
Wed Mar 16 03:07:51 CST 2005

Dear Ian,

Yes there was some interest (20 attended) and there was discussion in the
end. I have presented some results we obtained at Patras Univ. and it all
went well.

There are two options as suggested by David De Roure (see also his attached
email):
1. complete the documents described in the charter and conclude the rg and
get a pad on the back, or
2. Restructure the charter and increase the scope of the rg to include
ubiquitous computing, artificial intelligence, sensor networks and such to
get more people involved and increase the engagement and consensus in
APPAGG. We could even call it UBICOM-RG if that is the general consensus.

I favour the second approach as it will set us up faster to keep working on
our research and avoid the BOF stages. In the meantime we should try to
generate interest in this work. I am attending a workshop on Ubiquitous
Computing in Edinburgh next may and I am also trying to get in touch with
CoreGRID who have similar interests. If we generate enough interest we can
do either of the 2 scenarios described above.

What do you think?? Can you help??
Regards
			-Dimitris-