[acs-wg] Proposed repository interface for ACS

Sachiko Wada sachiko at ascade.co.jp
Thu Jun 23 00:03:50 CDT 2005

Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

> Transport: What is "SwA"?  If it is WebServices, I think it can be
> effective in some situations.

SwA is "Soap with Attachment", which is a W3C Recommendation.
  http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-af/

SOAP Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism (MTOM), which is also
a W3C Recommendation, describes attachment related features along with some
implementation details.
  http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-mtom/

MTOM is the latest spec and W3C says SwA has been superceded by MTOM.
I have not checked the MTOM spec yet.

See also the Attachment Profile of WS-I.
  http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/AttachmentsProfile-1.0-2004-08-24.html

> Messaging(1): I like type-1 better and I think an exception path would
> be needed in both cases.
> Message(2): Like this one!  Helps explain timing issues.

I agree, Perhaps the exception message is notfied as well.
If you have other patterns of async messaging, please let us know.

> GetContents: Term "key" will need clarificaction (is it meant to be
> AAID?).  Perhaps ws-naming can be used for the AAID?

AAID identifies AA like EPR, so I don't think it will be the key to
retrieve contents of the AA.
I'm not sure what exactly AAID is, but I suppose AAID contains static
information such as version and name of the application, while AA EPR
is used to point the location of the AA entry (that is a WS-Resource),
thus AA EPR may be dynamically changed.

I agree that we need clarification of what AAID is and what the key
to GetContents should be.

> Transfer: I presume the key is sent with the Transfer request too.
> Perhaps we can dicuss policy issues with regard to transfers (security
> related I think) at the GGF

I agree. Security policy is especailly important in case of closs-site
collaboration, i.e. Transter operation.

Thanks.

Sachiko