[acs-wg] [asc-wg] OGSA F2F

Michael Behrens behrens at r2ad.com
Tue Aug 16 23:56:52 CDT 2005

We had a good meeting today with the CDDLM team during the OGSA F2F.
The minutes from today will contain details, however I wanted to capture
some additional points specific to ACS:

1.  A need for an integration point between ACS and CSG (Candidate Set
Generator) was raised today, by Andrew I believe.  This means that the
CSG would need to be able to get the application metadata in order to
make an appropriate decision on where a particular job can execute.  I
propose therefore that this be considered to ensure that either the
entire property set be defined in our spec or that the spec allow for
dynamic properties which could be provided by the client when
constructing the archive (admin data?).  These would be accessible by
the CSG via WS-ResourceProperties, as stated in the strawman.   Is there
a standardized namespace to cover such things that would be required
(memory utilization, disk space, time, speed, bandwidth, OS, containers,
etc)?

2.  Andrew also raised a use-case which involves making a copy of an AA
and creating a new AA from it by extending it and overwriting some of
the contents with perhaps different DD information which might have some
particulars for a different organization. This would mean that the new
AA would have a new EPR.  We may want to consider this and whether or
not our current set of portypes is sufficient.

3.  Work shall proceed to design a more complete abstract interaction
diagram which captures all the moving parts:  EMS: BES, EPS, CSG, JSDL,
CDDLM, WS-Agreement, WS-Naming, etc.   This would build on the EMS box
slide and would contain boxes representing all the parts to represent
more of the ideal goal.  It will most likely be presented at the next GGF.
4.  We should also probably use WS-Names instead of EPRs.  WS-Naming
will be discussed tomorrow.

5.   Idea of using NFS or CIFS as a protocol/means to read/write was
mentioned.

Michael Behrens
R2AD, LLC
Cell: 571-594-3008