[acs-wg] GGF15 Sessions.

Keisuke Fukui kfukui at labs.fujitsu.com
Tue Aug 16 21:05:28 CDT 2005

Folks, FYI,

Perhaps you may have noticed, there is an announcement for GGF15
on the GGF Web site. Among them is a deadlines for sessions for
GGF15.

 From http://www.ggf.org/ggf_events_chairinfo_ggf15.htm ...
DOCUMENTS (for GGF15 CG/WG/RG Sessions)
DEADLINE for submitting working drafts for GGF15 is Friday, 26 August 2005.
SESSION SCHEDULING
The DEADLINE for scheduling requests for WG/RGs is Friday, 2 September 2005.

Also, there is an slot allocation policy explained.

At this moment among the discussion of the drafting the spec, it
sounds a bit too early what we can do in the GGF15 sessions, but here
are some ideas for topics.

- Introduction of the ACS (call for adoption of ACS.)
- Spec. review sessions to cover, data handling or security, possibly
   with attendances from ogsa-data or ogsa-authz people.
- Advanced use case discussion related to ACS, such as data replication,
   global-wide interactions, bare metal installation, etc...
- Relationship to other standards.
- Next step of ACS-WG.
- Final draft spec review

First three would be open audience session. Latter ones tend to
internal discussions. One of my concern is how much we can prepare for
these, especially if it is the presentation such as outreach or
educational. I'd like to hear who are interested in leading the session
for each. So depending on that we may end up with few sessions for
internal discussion. Also, it is advised that each WG has two sessions
at most in the new policy announced.

We have two more calls to discuss about the GGF sessions. In the next
and following calls, we would cover this. This is a reminder for the
topic to be covered.

>    We agreed that we will skip the call for next week.
>    Date: Aug 24 Wed 20:00 EDT/Aug 25 Thu 9:00 JST
>    Calling #: will be announced later

  -Keisuke