[wwpolicy] Fwd: Mailing list for standards discussions?

Jim Tinsley jtinsley at pobox.com
Sat Apr 9 20:18:46 PDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 08:11:22PM -0700, Greg Newby wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:36:57PM -0400, Jim Tinsley wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 07:27:20PM -0700, Greg Newby wrote:
>> >Brett had a good idea - I've created wwpolicy at pglaf.org,
>> >with the same members as pgww at pglaf.org.  This will help
>> >us to separate out the policy discussion, and I hope make
>> >it easier to find later.  Of course, we might end up with
>> >somewhat different list memberships at some point, too.
>> >

>> What is the virtue of this? Like everywhere else, policy
>> is inextricably intertwined with practice.
>>
>> Errr, is there a vote?
>
>Good policy question :-)
>
>My main reason in favor is that pgww already gets plenty
>of traffic - usually at least 100 messages per week - that
>are strictly operational about new eBook processing.
>
>When I try to find policy discussions in my mail archives,
>this stuff tends to mask some of what I'm interested in.
>That's why I thought a second list was not a bad idea.

Ah. I just got it.

You see, I filter all the upload messages into a separate
mailbox. Then, whatever pgww messages don't fall into that
are for discussion. Maybe what you really want to do is make
a separate list for _those_, rather than abandoning pgww to
just the upload messages? Though, I must say, filtering out
the upload messages isn't hard . . .

jim