[wwpolicy] Fwd: Mailing list for standards discussions?

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sat Apr 9 20:11:22 PDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:36:57PM -0400, Jim Tinsley wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 07:27:20PM -0700, Greg Newby wrote:
> >Brett had a good idea - I've created wwpolicy at pglaf.org,
> >with the same members as pgww at pglaf.org.  This will help
> >us to separate out the policy discussion, and I hope make
> >it easier to find later.  Of course, we might end up with
> >somewhat different list memberships at some point, too.
> >

> What is the virtue of this? Like everywhere else, policy
> is inextricably intertwined with practice.
>
> Errr, is there a vote?

Good policy question :-)

My main reason in favor is that pgww already gets plenty
of traffic - usually at least 100 messages per week - that
are strictly operational about new eBook processing.

When I try to find policy discussions in my mail archives,
this stuff tends to mask some of what I'm interested in.
That's why I thought a second list was not a bad idea.

We can ditch the second list if nobody else wants it.  Like
I said, there are only 10 or so of us, and a new list doesn't
really go too far for helping get the work done.
  -- Greg