[wg-all] Expansion of OGF and hpc.social services for 2023

Sill, Alan Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Tue Jan 3 07:41:41 PST 2023

Dear OGF colleagues,

Happy new year to all!

The https://hpc.social<https://hpc.social/> set of services started during SC22 for #HPC community communication with sponsorship from the Open Grid Forum and other HPC organizations has expanded going into 2023:

New services:

🆕 Slack server chat instance<https://hpc.social/projects/chat/>
🆕 Discord server chat instance<https://hpc.social/projects/chat/>
🆕 Community project blogs<https://hpc.social/community-blog/>

Continuing and updated services:

✅ Personal syndicated blogs<https://hpc.social/personal-blog/>
✅ Community surveys<https://hpc.social/projects/surveys/>
✅ Community map<https://hpc.social/projects/map/>
✅ Podcasts<https://hpc.social/projects/podcasts/>
✅ Mastodon server instance<https://hpc.social/projects/mastodon/>

These are all open for use by anyone involved with or interested in high performance computing or related fields. You can find links to all of these project and further information on the https://hpc.social<https://hpc.social/> web site. We hope to be working more closely with other projects and are open to sponsorships or partnerships with HPC-oriented community projects, centers, and funding agency projects in all regions. It is the open global nature of this effort that has attracted the interest of OGF in helping to sponsor this set of services.

Join in on the discussions also on GitHub at https://github.com/hpc-social/hpc-social.github.io/discussions or on any of the social instances above to contribute your ideas on these or other services. All ideas including ways to interconnect these efforts with projects from other services are welcome.

If you have not had a chance yet to go through the new environment for creating documents and for working with OGF through our GitHub-based repositories, please check out the links on the OGF web site at https://ogf.org to the OGF community pages at https://github.com/opengridforum and the archives of past organizational pages linked there. There are links to the previous Dokuwiki, Redmine, and GridForge content available there for your convenience and for linking or reference to past work, as well as to current and past mailing lists and archives. We hope you will make use of the new GitHub organizational pages, mailing lists, and the other resources mentioned above to remain in communication with each other and to facilitate new work.

Hope to see you on one of the resources listed! Please let us know if there are other things we can do to facilitate your work.

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Managing Director, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics and Astronomy
Texas Tech University
Drane 159, MS 4-1167
<http://www.hpcc.ttu.edu/>http://www.hpcc.ttu.edu<http://www.hpcc.ttu.edu/>

Co-Director, NSF Center for Cloud and Autonomic Computing
https://nsfcac.org<https://nsfcac.org/>

President, Open Grid Forum
https://www.ogf.org<https://www.ogf.org/>

e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu<mailto:Alan.Sill at ttu.edu>