[wg-all] OGF 44 to be co-located with the EGI spring conference 2015; *register now* for OGF 43!

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed Jan 21 11:25:52 EST 2015

Dear OGF colleagues,

We hope you already have plans to join us for OGF 43, concentrating on interactions between OGF and the networking community including GLIF, at the GENI Engineering Conference in March.  The GEC 22 conference will run 23-26 March and OGF + GLIF meetings are planned March 26 and 27.  Slots are available for any other OGF groups that want to meet at this opportunity. Hotel, venue and links to the GEC 22 registration pages are available on the OGF web site. If you do plan to go to OGF 43 at the GEC 22 conference, please register now!

  https://www.ogf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/events/ogf-43

Looking beyond to the next meeting, the dates of the EGI spring conference are now fixed as 18-22 May 2015, to be held in Lisbon, Portugal. We have agreed to co-locate OGF 44 to take place on the last two days of this conference, 21-22 May. An announcement and call for session proposals will be posted on the OGF web site shortly.

The organizers of EGI tell us that broadly speaking, the technical areas of the conference will include:

  - cloud computing and storage, cloud federation, cloud open standards
  - AAI
  - accounting (with developments of the accounting for cloud and data)
  - data management, open data discovery, access, publishing (including possibly the theme of persistent identifiers - PIDs)

We plan to encourage ALL OGF groups to meet at this conference and will be providing a link for you to request your sessions shortly.

We look forward to seeing you in the Washington DC area and/or at the EGI spring conference for one of both of these meetings!

P.S.: If you have NOT already requested a group session at OGF 43 or want to request one in advance for OGF 44, please contact us at events at ogf.org<mailto:events at ogf.org> or put in a request through your group leaders or area directors.

Open Grid Forum
Open Forum  |  Open Standards
http://www.ogf.org