[wg-all] Upcoming events - OGF-43 and associated conferences and plugfest and beyond

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Sun Jan 4 14:50:38 EST 2015

Dear OGF community,

Happy 2015!

As a reminder, OGF’s first event in 2015 will be OGF 43<https://www.ogf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/events/ogf-43>, to take place March 25-27, 2015 co-located with the GENI Engineering Conference and Ignite Application Summit<http://groups.geni.net/geni/wiki/GEC22Agenda> that will be held March 23-26, 2015 at the Hilton Crystal City Hotel at Washington Reagan National Airport in Crystal City, Virginia near Washington DC, USA. The OGF group meetings will run from Wednesday through Friday and will highlight mutual topics between the networking, security, applications and API design communities. For details keep an eye on the OGF 43 pages in the OGF web site at http://www.ogf.org and for information on GEC registration and local logistics, please visit the conference home page at http://groups.geni.net/geni/wiki/GEC22Agenda. We will be following with specific OGF meeting information as soon as it is available.

We will also be planning encouraging participation in a variety of hands-on developer-oriented events at this meeting and with the Cloud Standards Customer Council<http://cloud-council.org> at the nearby Object Management Group (OMG) Technical Meeting in Reston, Virginia, continuing our long series of events in cooperation with the Cloud Plugfest organization<http://cloudplugfest.org>. More information will be forthcoming on these opportunities — stay tuned for details.

Beyond OGF 43, we are looking at options for OGF meetings at the spring conference of EGI to be held 18-22 May, 2015 in Lisbon, Portugal, at the HPDC’15 or XSEDE conferences in June or July 2015, and a stand-alone meeting in fall 2015. We would like to get back to the pattern of scheduling OGF meetings at least one year in advance, so please respond through your group leaders and/or area directors with your opinions or input. Your input is necessary to make this community-driven organization function to the level of its best potential.

Once again, thanks and best wishes for a happy and productive 2015.

Open Grid Forum
Open Forum  |  Open Standards
http://www.ogf.org