[wg-all] Early registration deadline coming up May 5 for XSEDE'13 = OGF38 part b PLUS information on OGF38 a and b

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Thu May 2 17:52:08 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

A noted in earlier messages, OGF’s second event of 2013, OGF-38, will be held in two parts.

  - OGF38a, June 6-7, will be co-located with and immediately following the Terena Networking ConferenceJune 3-6, 2013 in Maastricht, Netherlands.

    http://www.ogf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/events/ogf-38a

  - OGF38b will be co-located with and part of XSEDE-2013, which takes place July 22-25, 2013 in San Diego, California, USA.

    http://www.ogf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/events/ogf-38b

We have updated the information on the events pages and added some detail about OGF 38a and OGF 38b. OGF 39 will follow in September 2013, co-located with the EGI Technical Forum.

Note that the early registration deadline for XSEDE'13 is this Sunday, May 5 -- remarkably early!  The TNC2013 registration price break deadline is also not too far away (May 24). Registration is NOT necessary for TNC2013 in order to attend the OGF38a OGF/GLIF joint event, but may make sense for those interested in this topic anyway to attend. Registration IS necessary to attend XSEDE'13 for OGF 38b.

You may notice that the pages linked above are part of a new system we are bringing up under the guidance and direction of Andre Merzky that will eventually replace the old manual script-based pages for OGF. As time goes on, we will be filling out even more detail on this new set of pages and they will take over from the previous pages.

We are excited about the opportunity this will provide to showcase OGF technologies and standards in a more flexible way in the future. Stay tuned for more information on this topic.

Alan Sill
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum