[wg-all] Notices for OGF 35 and OGF 36; Pre-OGF35 Plugfest plans; Call for papers - DMTF SVM 2012

Alan Sill alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed May 9 22:40:53 EDT 2012

Dear OGF working group members,

Pursuant to our liaison relationship and work register, DMTF has asked us to distribute the following information about their annual academic alliance workshop.

6th International DMTF Academic Alliance Workshop on
Systems and Virtualization Management: Standards and the Cloud
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

http://dmtf.org/svm12

This conference will occur approximately two weeks after our own OGF36 (Chicago, IL USA, October 8-10, 2012), which will be held, according to current plans, in conjunction with eScience 2012 with workshops (including the Microsoft eScience Workshop) on 8-9 October and the main conference events on 10-12 October.  Venue details are still being settled.

http://www.ogf.org/OGF36/
http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/escience2012/

Regarding DMTF and SVM12, please note that academic membership including participation in one DMTF working group is available at no cost upon application to individual academic members.  The attached file contains the minimal information needed to request academic membership.

Note we also have an ongoing work register related to OCCI that is currently dormant, but could be reactivated at any time.  DMTF continues to make progress towards publication of CIMI, its cloud infrastructure management interface, which is closely related to OCCI in principle.  We continue to look for volunteers within the OGF community who are willing to spend time comparing the published features of CIMI with OCCI for the benefit of both communities.

Paper submissions to SVM12 on any topic of interest to yourself would be welcomed.  Please see the notes in the messages below for details.

Finally, please take note that registration is now available (in Euros!) for OGF 35 in Delft June 17-19, 2012 just prior to the High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC) 2012 conference in the same location:

OGF 35 site:
http://www.ogf.org/OGF35/

Online Schedule:
http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?event_id=24

Registration:
http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1099588

HPDC site:
http://www.hpdc.org/2012/

Conference schedule:
http://www.hpdc.org/2012/program/conference-program/

Registration:
http://www.hpdc.org/2012/registration/

Please take note of all appropriate deadlines for the above events.

We do expect to hold a pre-conference Plugfest to promote interoperability among implementations and interchange among developers prior to OGF 35.  Details of the event are still being finalized and will be announced shortly.  What we know so far is that this will include a Cloud Plugfest - the fifth in our series coordinated with members of the standards community - and that the pre-event plug-fest will be held in Amsterdam during the last portion of the week immediately prior to the OGF35/HPDC'12 event.  A further announcement will be made shortly, once some room coordination details are worked out.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum

Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, TTU

-------