[wg-all] Fwd: NIST Cloud Computing Standards Roadmap Working Group (CCSRWG) - conference call

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Mon Jan 23 19:56:40 EST 2012

Dear OGF colleagues,

The NIST Cloud Standards Roadmap group, one of several subgroups of
the NIST cloud computing effort, is restarting as of this Thursday.
The goal is to move to a new phase emphasizing community-developed
priority action plans ("PAPs") to set future directions for this effort.

The agenda for the next meeting is described below.  Also included are
instructions on how to join the associated e-mail list and add topics
to the agenda.

In addition to this group, there are several others that might be of
interest to the OGF community.  In particular, there is an effort that
meets Fridays, late in the day (unfortunately for our European
colleagues) that is focused on federated infrastructure considerations
for clouds, that has requested specific input from the grid community
regarding its past and current efforts in federated distributed
computing infrastructures.  If you are interested in that group also,
please let me know or look up the information on the NIST TWiki under
the Reference Architecture group on it or on any other associated
groups of interest.

For now, I'd like to call your attention to the Standards Roadmap
group and invite community participation and input.  My own role as a
participant in some of these work groups has made me very aware of the
value of community participation and input in roadmap efforts of this
type worldwide, and I would like to invite your participation also.

The NIST TWiki that describes their efforts to date is available
online at

    http://collaborate.nist.gov/twiki-cloud-computing/bin/view/CloudComputing/

This site also contains notes and minutes of previous meetings, for
your reference.  I would especially appreciate involvement from the
community in the standards roadmap, standards testing (SAJACC) and
reference architecture groups; participation in the security, business
use cases and other NIST groups might also be of interest to you or
your organization.

There are equivalent roadmapping efforts going on throughout the world
that are of equal interest; if you know of any that are open to OGF
community input, I'm sure we would all appreciate knowing details
regarding how to contribute.

Of course, these and our own community's response to these challenges
will be discussed in detail at various sessions of the upcoming OGF 34
conference, registration for which is already open at

     http://ogf.org/OGF34/registration.php

and the call for session proposals is still open at

     http://ogf.org/OGF34/cfp.php

Yours,

Alan Sill
VP of Standards, OGF