[wg-all] New OGF document: GFD-I.100: HPC Job Scheduling: Base Case and Common Cases

Greg Newby newby at arsc.edu
Tue May 8 02:31:38 CDT 2007

GFD-I.100: HPC Job Scheduling: Base Case and Common Cases.  M. Theimer
et al., via OGSA HPC Profile WG.

Abstract: This document describes the set of use cases for batch job
scheduling of scientific/technical applications, also broadly referred
to as the core high performance computing (HPC) use case.  A simple
base case is defined that we expect to have universally implemented by
all batch job scheduling clients and schedulers. Additional "Common
Cases" are enumerated, which are anticipated to be applicable to at
least two but not all batch job scheduling clients and schedulers.
This Base Case and Common Cases will be used as a set of requirements
for the forthcoming OGF proposed recommendation entitled "OGSATM HPC
Profile". This document is a product of the OGSA HPC Profile WG of the
Open Grid Forum.

Read this document here:
  http://www.ogf.org/gf/docs/?final

  -- Greg Newby, OGF Editor