[UR-WG] Switch from .doc to .tex?

Andrea Cristofori andrea.cristofori at cnaf.infn.it
Wed Nov 28 10:57:00 EST 2012

Dear all,

As we are moving forward with the work on our document, we would like to
ask you a question.
The document itself needs to be completely reworked for what concerns
the layout, formatting, etc.
We are thinking to move to latex. This will allow us to edit the source
with different text editor without problems and to split the section for
editing by different person. We can also use a tracking system like git
already provided on the OGF portal.
An introduction to git is available here:

http://githowto.com/

If there no one is against the switch we can proceed and give you, soon,
more detail.
Please cast your preference by Monday, the 3rd of December.

Cheers,
Andrea and Jon

--
Andrea Cristofori