[UR-WG] how to publish services information

Balazs Konya balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Fri Jun 15 07:24:02 EDT 2012

dear all,

On 2012-06-15 12:21, john.gordon at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> John, the background discussion during the last meeting was whether
> there was a place to register these values to lookup what you should use
> and avoid clashes. It was thought GLUE might provide a place but it
> seems not. I don’t think we want to build the list into the standard but
> OGF could provide a place on its wiki where a list of known ones is
> maintained.

sorry for interrupting but let me point your attention to the rather recent
GLUE2 work of service type/name enumeration cleanup. This will be on the agenda
at the GLUE2 session in Delft (Sunday afternoon).

excerpt from GLUE2 wiki page:
https://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/HomePage

     A review of Open Enumerations is ongoing. The current results for
ServiceType have been updated here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An1CLx-Ye4OFdDkxWmxjNkZkS0xrc0tLRk94N2dmcnc
     the work in progress is being shaped here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An1CLx-Ye4OFdDRkV180clZQampoRGwyWVpsdmRicmc
- access to the doc can be requested on the wg mailing list. A google account is
needed.

regards,
Balazs Konya

as glue2 co-chair

--
Balázs Kónya

Technical Director

European Middleware Initiative          www.eu-emi.eu
NorduGrid Collaboration                 www.nordugrid.org

Lund University                         balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Institute of Physics, EHEP              phone:   +46 46 222 8049
BOX 118, S - 221 00 LUND, Sweden        fax:     +46 46 222 4015