[UR-WG] Strorage Usage Record - use cases and requirements...

john alan kennedy jkennedy at rzg.mpg.de
Fri Feb 3 11:31:00 EST 2012

Hi All,

I have added some use cases and requirements to the UR-WG wiki.

I have tried to go through previous meeting notes and e-mails and to be
honest I guess I did a bit or reverse engineering from the StAR document
to end up with a set which I hope reflects much of what we have talked
about in the past.

I think if we can defined the use-cases and requirements we can better
define what we aim to do with the UR and also we'll know when we've done it.

This isn't supposed to be a definitive list, it's just a start and
things can easily be dropped and added.
So please feel free to add (and correct).

I also included some things which we have discussed but that are
probably (or definitely) out of scope.
I have done this so we can discuss why they are out of scope and tag
them as such.
I think it will help us if later in the day we can point to this - we've
discussed these topics so others may ask and we can then say.
"yep we talked about that and it's considered to be out of scope because
..."

cheers (and bon weekend)
John
https://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.ur-wg/wiki/UseCases

|Dr. John Alan Kennedy          Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG) |
|Mail:  jkennedy at rzg.mpg.de     Boltzmannstrasse 2           |
|Phone: +49 89 3299 2694        85748 Garching               |
|Fax:   +49 89 3299 1301                                     |