[UR-WG] Storage Accounting - Requirements Capture

Jon Kerr Nilsen j.k.nilsen at fys.uio.no
Thu Sep 30 02:15:49 CDT 2010

Hi Johnk

On 29. sep. 2010, at 20.51, john alan kennedy wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> I know some type of requirements capture is under way in EMI since I was passed questions from a DEISA contact.

It's a small accounting world :-)

> I have asked similar questions to IN2P3 who deploy a large iRODS instance and also to iRODS developers.
>
> Although EMI may not have iRODS on the roadmap I thought it would make sense for me to forward the responses I get before we meet in Brussels so you can correlate requirements - Would this be OK?

It would be more than OK, it would be great!

Yes, I suppose so :-) Maybe you can send me the responses and I can collect them on our wiki (https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/StorageAccounting).

> I will also ask for input from OSG if we still need a better description of their storage accounting.
>
> From my point of view it would be nice if people could try to break the elements down into 3 brackets.
> * Must Have - I really need this
> * Very Useful - Can I please have
> * Useful - but I can live without
>
> We can ask - people generally don't though.

I guess it can be worth asking, maybe give it as an optional grading not to make it too much hassle for people to answer?

thanks,
Jon