[UR-WG] Storage Accounting - Requirements Capture

john alan kennedy jkennedy at rzg.mpg.de
Wed Sep 29 13:51:45 CDT 2010

Hi Jon,

I know some type of requirements capture is under way in EMI since I was
passed questions from a DEISA contact.

I have asked similar questions to IN2P3 who deploy a large iRODS
instance and also to iRODS developers.

Although EMI may not have iRODS on the roadmap I thought it would make
sense for me to forward the responses I get before we meet in Brussels
so you can correlate requirements - Would this be OK?

The iRODS responses raised a few issues, it shows that different people
see things in a slightly different light.

I'd simple post to the list but if we start posting all the responses
it'll get quite noisy.

I will also ask for input from OSG if we still need a better description
of their storage accounting.

 From my point of view it would be nice if people could try to break the
elements down into 3 brackets.
* Must Have - I really need this
* Very Useful - Can I please have
* Useful - but I can live without

We can ask - people generally don't though.

Just some though

cheers
johnk

|Dr. John Alan Kennedy          Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG) |
|Mail:jkennedy at rzg.mpg.de      Boltzmannstrasse 2           |
|Phone: +49 89 3299 2694        85748 Garching               |
|Fax:   +49 89 3299 1301                                     |