[UR-WG] Ideas for storage accounting record

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at ndgf.org
Mon Sep 27 05:54:52 CDT 2010

Hi Jon

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Jon Kerr Nilsen wrote:

> Just to confirm that EMI is indeed interested in having a usable
> definition of a storage accounting record before January...
>
> The EMI data group is currently in the process of collecting
> requirements from user communities and storage providers, so not much
> input from us yet, but I'm certainly hoping for overlap between OGF and
> EMI work on this topic.

Given the short timespand of getting a record definition ready, I would
strongly urge towards getting a rudementary format ready very fast and
then iterating over the format multiple times (as requirements get in and
showing the formats to the interested parties to see if it can fulfill
their requirements).

If you wait to start defining the format until requirements have been
collected there will be very little time to work with the record format.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Software Developer, Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at ndgf.org>
  Nordic Data Grid Facility. WWW: www.ndgf.org