[UR-WG] Ideas for storage accounting record

Jon Kerr Nilsen j.k.nilsen at fys.uio.no
Thu Sep 23 07:21:41 CDT 2010

Hi,

> AFAIK EMI is very interested in having something usuable very soon (this
> year) for performing storage accounting, so this is a fairly urgent topic
> if OGF wants to have something to say. However there is likely to be a
> certain overlap between the two groups.

Just to confirm that EMI is indeed interested in having a usable definition of a storage accounting record before January as we have promised EU to have definition ready by then. This definition, "reflecting practical, financial and legal requirements of storage location, usage and space and data flow", is then planned to be implemented in DPM, StoRM, dCache, gLite FTS and UNICORE FTS before the end of EMI.

The EMI data group is currently in the process of collecting requirements from user communities and storage providers, so not much input from us yet, but I'm certainly hoping for overlap between OGF and EMI work on this topic.

best regards,
Jon
Storage accounting task leader
EMI data group