[UR-WG] aggregated records - Wallduration Processors

Bart Heupers bart at sara.nl
Tue Sep 29 06:22:05 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have a question about aggregated records as described in the
document :

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/listDocuments/projects.ur-wg/docman.root.current_drafts.aggregate_ur_schema

When we do accounting we are interested in the :

"Wallduration times the number of processors"

We decided to call this the "JobTime". This measures how our system is
occupied by a job or how expensive a job is.

For aggregated records we don't know if all the jobs in the aggregation
use the same number of processors. There is a property described
"Processors" but that only makes sense if you aggregate only on jobs
with the same number of processors, Aggregating on number of processors
seems undesirable because then you will get a lot of extra records.

But if you don't aggregate on jobs with the same number of processors I
still would like to be able to determine the  total "Wallduration times
the number of processors"

Is possible to use the "WallDuration" property with a
description="JobTime" to represent this total, or is it a option to add
a new property "Jobtime" in the aggregate user record ?

Are there any specific recommendations for this usage?

Best regards,

--
Bart Heupers,
HPCV Advisor,