[tsc] ogf-tsc-strategy

Robert Cohen bcohen at bway.net
Tue May 29 07:42:16 CDT 2007

David,

This addition is not accurate. There have been some changes in the focus
of the Enterprise area, and while EGF and SN-CG focus on requirments, it
would be useful to add

"The requirements are gathered from various requirements
gathering groups such as the Enterprise Grid Requirements Research
Group (EGR-RG) or the Storage Networking Community Group (SN-CG),
or the Telco Community Group. Each of these groups meets to capture
requirements that are particular that group. The Enterprise Area has
also hosted a series of workshops by industry that focus more on issues
and challenges facing specific verticals, such as financial services,
pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, autos and aerospace. These efforts identify
problems or issues as adopters move to scale their use of Grids or link them
more closely to the data center."

<<<It would be helpful for the TSC to note that there has been a shift
in the Enterprise program to
move away from collecting requirements or focusing on how vertical users
of Grids raise issues related to
standards. The new focus is to employ vertical-oriented workshops to
define the key issues facing end-users.
The focus includes an effort to organize vertical-specific meetings at
OGF and in other settings that help focus
these issues on areas that experts from OGF and the end-users can begin
to address.>>>

This is very different from the effort at OGF 18 and 19.

Bob Cohen