[tsc] You tried to contact me

Linesch, Mark mark.linesch at hp.com
Fri Mar 23 10:25:44 CDT 2007

Dave,

Thanks for the note ... As indicated in my last email, there are several
things I think we need to do to align the Landscape document with the
TS&R document before both are published.

1. The one sentence definition highlighted in the text of the Landscape
document is slightly different from the one in the TS&R document. The
differences are evident when you read the Landscape document but I
believe it is very important to align on a single version. The
definition used in the TS&R appears to exclude grids within a single
administrative domain and also received feedback that rather than
"administrative domain" we use a more business-oriented, accessible
term.

2. I left in several comments regarding the "segmentation" you utilized
in the TS&R(cluster grid, data center grids, etc.). This should be
discussed to determine how we might better refine these categories so
that they represent our best thinking and we can utilize consistently.
Again, I think it is important that we align here between the two
documents.

3. Finally, please take a look at the overall document and provide
suggestions as appropriate. We would like to publish this document
before OGF20 so timely feedback by you and the Techincal Strategy
Committee is critical.

NOTE: Quotes, Sidebars still need to go through a final approval cycle
and illustrations will continue to be refined.

Mark Linesch: Open Grid Forum (OGF): Hewlett Packard
281-514-0322 (Tel): 281-414-7082 (Cell) mark.linesch at hp.com :
linesch at ogf.org