[tsc] Draft 0.1 of the technical Strategy Document.

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Mon Aug 21 05:07:27 CDT 2006

Folks,

Here is the initial draft I promised last week based on our agreement
around the outline. Sorry for the slight delay, I had no network
access over the weekend. Here is the todo list:

1) Tuesday I go on Holiday and will probably not have email access,
but you never know.

2) Geoffery has the pen, so send all change suggestions to the list
and let Geoffery add them to the document.

3) There are outstanding actions  (highlighted in yellow in the
document) for Steven and Chris. Send text to Geoffery via the list.

4) This document will be presented to the BoD on the 24th. Geoffery:
Make sure Mark L has the latest version on Wednesday night!

5) The following is the status section for this document:

This is a DRAFT document. The contents at this time DO NOT yet
reflect the consensus view of the Technical Strategy Committee. It is
being provided to gain input and feedback with respect to the
structure and type of content, e.g. is this document fit for purpose?
Feedback on the technical content is NOT expected at this early stage
of development. Eventually, distribution will be unlimited, but for
the time being, distribution is limited to the Technical Strategy
Committee (TSC), the Board of Directors (BoD), and the Grid Forum
Steering Group (GFSG).

6) Mark PLEASE make sure the BoD read this paragraph at least. I am
not happy showing documents outside of any group with so little time
to generate consensus.

7) Mark also lead the BoD to provide comments as requested, e.g. wrt
fit for purpose rather than technical content. The later needs more
time.

There is now a GF project for the TSC. I have put the document under
Drafts and attached it here. In future, let's try to limit attachments.

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/projects/tsc

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE