[Tsc] FW: Fwd: Labeling OGSA as a 'flag ship architecture

Linesch, Mark mark.linesch at hp.com
Tue Aug 15 18:28:48 CDT 2006

David,

I want to clarify something that Tony indicated in his email. NOTHING
should be "off the table" for the TSC - NOTHING. We are past the merger
and are now a new organization. I think we are also past the time for
fuzzy clarity and "whatever sticks to the wall". This is the time for
the TSC to help bring things together and align the community on a
direction. Let me be clear.. WHEN IN DOUBT, DO WHAT MAKES SENSE,
REGARDLESS OF THE PAST ...however ... Confucius say "aligning with key
stakeholders for success is important in the future :-)"

Tony makes some good points in his email  - stuffing OGSA down anyone's
throat is counterproductive and perceived to be problematic. However, we
are a new organization and the TSC should feel empowered to lead, align
and recommend the technical path forward!

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Linesch: Open Grid Forum (OGF): Hewlett Packard
281-514-0322 (Tel): 281-414-7082 (Cell) mark.linesch at hp.com :
linesch at ogf.org