[tm-rg] Re-organised Grid Transactions Use Case document

Haugen Robert Robert.Haugen at choreology.com
Fri Mar 4 09:36:11 CST 2005

Tony and all,

> Bob, I think I understand / can guess at the new use case
> you have contributed, but please check that I have chosen
> an appropriate title (if not please suggest a more accurate
> one - preferably one that still fits on a single line(!) -
> I am not sure I have captured it correctly yet).
> If you have a little time to provide a little more meat
> to go on this skeleton that would be great.  You can make it up
> as you go along, so long as it sounds realistic and plausible

As I tried to say once before, I did not intend to submit this as a use
case, just as a sketch of what might make a good info aggregation use
case as differentiated from info dissemination.

I worked on versions of this problem a couple of times in the past, but
both companies are defunct and neither was anything like a grid
implementation.

I wrote it up hoping somebody would know of a current live example of
something like this where we could get some details.  I dislike making
up use cases, although will do it if push comes to shove, but I'd rather
take something real and disguise it if necessary to protect the
innocent.

If so, I would title this one "Distributed available-to-promise" rather
than "manufacturing on demand".  The requester is usually somebody who
wants something at a particular time in the future, often a retailer or
distributor, not a manufacturer.