[tm-rg] action items from 2nd of March conf call

Haugen Robert Robert.Haugen at choreology.com
Wed Mar 2 09:57:45 CST 2005

"clear language for warehouse reference in the Interim Report"

Change from:
"There are application areas that might not need transaction support,
e.g. warehousing, which involves read only access to data."

"Change to:
There are application areas that might not need transaction support,
e.g. read only access to a data warehouse."

And a use case for category 2:

This is just a sketch of a use case I worked on once in a previous life:

Total product available-to-promise over several manufacturing and
warehouse facilities.  It matters if any participating facility fails to
delivery its information, so a transaction would be useful.

Unfortunately, when I did it, no distributed application-level
transactions, thus lots of error-handling code and more uncertainty than
I would have liked.

Don't know anybody who is doing this today who would publicize details.

Choreology Anti virus scan completed