[tm-rg] Action050216-1: updated text on transaction categorisation

Haugen Robert Robert.Haugen at choreology.com
Wed Feb 16 15:58:30 CST 2005

During the teleconference on the 2nd of February, I think we agreed on
the categories presented in my email of the 1st of Feb, but wanted some
changes in the names and larger grouping into Information and Process
patterns.  As far as I could tell, we did not agree on any explicit new
names, but below are my best guesses.  I also made the names more
parallel in construction, that is, subject-action.

More suggestions for improvement welcome.  In particular, on today's
call, we discussed another level below each pattern:  that is, the
typical problems of implementing it in a grid, which I did not try to
fill in.

==============the updated text=================================

2.3.1        Transaction behaviour
We found four broad patterns of business transaction behaviour.

2.3.1.1 Information management patterns:

1. Information dissemination:
For example, the reliable propagation of reference or static data from a
key application or master file to other applications.

2. Information aggregation:
For example, the reliable aggregation of inventory information from
subsidiary systems, including those of third parties.

2.3.1.2 Process management patterns:

3. Process tracking:
For example, ensuring that business processes and workflows are
completed in an ordered or contingent way, or checkpointing and
restarting a process.

4. Agreement negotiation and execution:
For example, when financial trading businesses need to obtain multiple
quotes for the purchase/sale of a financial instrument and/or
simultaneously execute trades across multiple financial instruments.
Reservations or allocations for grid resource deployment also fit this
pattern.

Choreology Anti virus scan completed