[Clips] Our Domestic Intelligence Crisis

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Wed Dec 21 09:51:35 PST 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

" The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act makes it difficult to conduct
 surveillance of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents unless they
 are suspected of being involved in terrorist or other hostile activities.
 That is too restrictive. Innocent people, such as unwitting neighbors of
 terrorists, may, without knowing it, have valuable counterterrorist
 information. Collecting such information is of a piece with data-mining
 projects such as Able Danger."

This says it all - they want the authority to look at "innocent people"
without restriction.  Forget it.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org
0xBD4A95BF

	Just once, can't we have a nice polite discussion about
	the logistics and planning side of large criminal enterprise?

	- Steve Thompson