[TC-RG] TC RG Proposed Shutdown

Blair Dillaway blaird at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 21 23:27:09 CST 2006

Dear Security Area Participants:

We have recently completed a review of the security area groups. Based
on the results, we propose to disband the Trusted Computing Research
Group (TC RG). We have noted that during the past year:

- There has been no substantive progress on the chartered deliverables

- There have been no active discussions on the mailing list or regular
conferences calls

- Attendance at the TC RG sessions has been minimal

We have queried the chairpersons about their continued interest and
thoughts on re-invigorating this activity. Their responses indicate:

- They are unable to commit to completing the existing draft use-case
document

- They do not have a proposal for re-chartering the group to engage a
critical mass of participants

We would appreciate hearing from anyone who is willing to commit to
completing the chartered deliverables and participating in possible
follow-on work. Unless a sufficient number of committed participants
come forward in the next 2-3 weeks, we will start the process of
shutting down the group.

Regards,

Blair Dillaway and David Groep, Security ADs