[TC-RG] TC-RG Status and Future Work

Andrew Martin Andrew.Martin at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 15 13:58:40 CST 2006

Howdy y'all from Texas, where I'm attending a meeting of the
Trusted Computing Group.  I learn that 25% of PC platforms
shipped in 2006 will contain Trusted Platform Modules, that
figure projected to rise rapidly --- close to 100% in the next 5
years.  Everyone I speak to sees the value of using TC
technologies to improve the security guarantees offered by grid
platforms.  Wenbo and I are actively pursuing projects which are
aiming to bring these technologies together.

Therefore, I'm surprised that our group has not attracted more
interest. The fact is, though, that it has not, and the area
directors now propose to shut us down: see the attached email.

Unless this email prompts a flurry of action, then, this is the
end!  I feel certain that TC will hit the OGF agenda again
sometime soon: but evidently it will not be via this RG.

So, so long,

Andrew