[socialmedia] instability of PG website in Italy

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Mon May 18 05:36:04 PDT 2020

Hi, Laura (cc'ing socialmedia@). Thanks for forwarding the image.

The translation is: Guardia di Finanza
SPECIAL CORE PRIVACY PROTECTION AND TECHNOLOGICAL FRAUD
WEBSITE SUBJECT TO SEQUEST
for the violations referred to in articles 81 para. 171, co.2, L.633 / 1941
Criminal Procedure no. 52127/20 R.G.N.R. THE.
Public Prosecutor at the Ordinary Court of Rome

So, this is a block applied by Italian authorities (perhaps only in Rome). It's not anything on the www.gutenberg.org servers or associated infrastructure.

We don't have any agents or expertise in Italy (PG operates wholly from the US). If someone in Italy finds out more about this, we will be pleased to receive further details.

Thanks,
  Greg