[socialmedia] Gutenberg: Women in Sci-fi

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sat Jun 13 17:39:05 PDT 2020

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 08:00:40PM -0400, Joshua Preston via socialmedia wrote:
> Thx for the good info. Still learning the ropes:)
>
> Is their a way to get a more definitive list? I plan to do more ‘genre’
> focused graphics in the long term so I’m curious how that might work if
> bookshelves aren’t comprehensive. Thx Andrew.

Subject cataloging is generally up to date, minus the last week or two
of postings. These are assigned by our (human) cataloging team.

You can get to subject listings via the 'bibrec' portion of any
eBook landing page, and (just like authors) get a listing of all
matching items.

BTW, note that we are still tweaking the dev site, especially
the eBook landing page. Hopefully that won't break things badly.

We're also working on a new bookshelf editor :)

But you might want to instead figure out how to parse the XML/RDF
file under Offline Catalogs. It is canonical, and includes all
metadata (even download counts!).

Thanks again.
 - Greg