[SEM-GRD] a question about AI and eScience

Marlon Pierce mpierce at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Jan 1 11:12:54 CST 2007

I was about to answer in some detail when I remembered we need to fill a
postdoc position on this very subject.  So if you want to work on the
future of the e-Science, see http://www.postdocjobs.com/jobs/304718.html
or my next email.

I'll vote for science domain-specific web searching and related clique
building systems (which may span various AI techniques like text mining
and graph theory) as the most important applications of AI to e-science
in the near future.  A lot of work on this has already taken place, but
I think that these sorts of applications are on the verge of being
ubiquitous.

Marlon