[sem-grd] Attendance at GGF15 and Possible Informal Meeting

David De Roure dder at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 29 23:43:15 CDT 2005

Hi Hiroki

There's not a Semantic Grid slot this time - we don't have one everytime and this GGF is an enterprise one (GridWorld) with limited space for all the other activities.

But this doesn't mean there's no Semantic Grid - it's just as important (perhaps more important...) to go along to other sessions to talk about Semantic Grid and to identify the opportunities for Semantic Grid. This is exactly how the activity can grow within GGF (and why we tend to run Semantic Grid sessions at alternate events).

For example, it was apparent last time that we feel we have some answers to issues that we believe are about to occur as larger numbers of Grid Services become available. We should attend relevant sessions and figure out how to engage and/or whether we want to create a new activity to take this forward.

I'll be around from Sunday. As the event is in Boston I will also be linking up with W3C (also very important for Semantic Grid!)

As Jon indicated it's useful for people to meet up informally next week, and one discussion (which will also come to the list) is about our plans and future activities. I'm expecting we'll have a business session at the next GGF - for one thing we need to look at our charter (I want to do this with all chairs present - Carole's at KCAP next week).

Anway, I look forward to seing some of you in Boston.

-- Dave