[sem-grd] sem-grd welcome message

David De Roure dder at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 19:15:04 CST 2005

For a while now we've been sending out a new welcome message when people
join this list, and someone pointed out to me that I should send this to
all the "older" members too!  The message is below for info.

-- Dave

Subject: Welcome to the Semantic Grid community

Hello

Thanks for subscribing to the sem-grd list.  This mailing list supports
the Semantic Grid community and is hosted by the Global Grid Forum (GGF),
a forum for the international community leading the pervasive adoption
of grid computing in research and industry.

For further information about Semantic Grid, see www.semanticgrid.org

GGF has a community activity known as the Semantic Grid Research Group
(SEM-RG) which holds workshops and sessions at GGF events.  Although
this list carries discussion related to the activies of that group, it
is not exclusive - GGF hosts the list for the benefit of the broader
community and all aspects of Semantic Grid, and other Semantic Grid
community events, are in scope for discussion here.

We always welcome information for the semanticgrid.org Web site, such
as calls for papers and event announcements.  If you post announcements
to the list, we can also put them on the Web Site - or send them to me
dder at ecs.soton.ac.uk directly and I'll do both.

GGF also provides a range of other community activities in the Grid
computing area - see www.ggf.org for further information.  If you are
running an event you might be interested in doing it in conjunction
with GGF - please contact us for further information.

Regards

-- Dave (also on behalf of Carole Goble and Geoffrey Fox)

Prof David De Roure                        phone +44 (0)23 8059 2418
Head of Grid and Pervasive Computing       fax   +44 (0)23 8059 2865
School of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton                  email dder at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK                  http://www.soton.ac.uk/~dder/