[security-area] FIG WG charter proposal

Inder Monga imonga at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Dec 21 08:28:49 CST 2004

Matt,

You bring up a good point.

>From my perspective, I was looking at the firewall as a function in a more
abstract way. This function could be deployed as part of the
stack/middleware (on the same host) or as an independent entity (as a
mid-box), and multiple such functions might need to be traversed. So even
though issues/solutions might be similar , I agree that we still need to
explicitly discuss these issues as related to different deployment
use-cases. Creating a generic reference diagram capturing the various
use-cases will be useful as part of the first document within the WG.

Inder