[scrm-wg] Notes from Cloud Standards/SCRM meeting 3/29

Mark A. Carlson mark.carlson at sun.com
Mon Mar 29 09:24:48 CDT 2010

Attendees:
Mark Carlson
Craig Lee
Winston Bumpus
Joel Replogle
Matthew Edwards
Kevin Walsh
Sam Johnston

Discussed the Cloud Standards landscape. DMTF will soon have diagrams
and terms to post to the wiki. We will work on the landscape in parallel
with
the release of group's diagrams and terms. Craig mentioned that the OGF may
also have a positioning document to share.

We need a diagram that shows details of points of interoperability and
details
both models and protocols as well as best practices. It will build on
the positioning
that is up there now, but with more details.

Mark gave an update on the Cloud Demo. The plan is to have the demo at
OGF 29/HPDC - Craig has set up the demo for Monday night during the
reception. There might be other demos or posters that folks could visit
during the reception. Winston proposed that the demo show OVF as a
feature of the demo and plug the demo as a three way demo of DMTF,
OGF and SNIA. We should also plug the cloud-standard.org via the demo
as well.

Sam will send the charter for the public forum. Mark will get the google
group
set up and invite the folks on this list.

What about a twitter account to publicize? - Sam will find a twitter handle
to use. Anyone who would like to tweet on our behalf can get the credentials
to log in to that account.

Sam gave us an update on cloud audit <http://www.cloudaudit.org/>. They
are getting good participation
from a broad set of folks, some from major stakeholders in the cloud. They
may submit their interface as an IETF draft
<http://cloudaudit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/draft-hoff-cloudaudit.html>
if it looks like the IETF will
form a working group. They may also just publish the specification and
encourage implementation outside of any standards organization.

AI - Dan Romascanu to post an update on the IETF Cloud Bar BOF
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clouds/current/threads.html#00001> to
the list.

There is a new entry
<http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page#Association_for_Retail_Technology_Standards_.28ARTS.29>
on the wiki for ARTS - with a new participant
recruited by Winston.

Other new groups that might need a new entry on the wiki include the
OASIS Cloud Identity TC
<http://xml.coverpages.org/Identity-Clouds-Proposal.html>starting up
(Winston and Mark to approach
Paul Lipton) and an IEEE Cloud Standards Study Group
<http://www.computer.org/portal/web/standards/cloud>.