[scrm-wg] LandscapeV1.doc - definition of terms

Wijnen, Bert (Bert) bwijnen at lucent.com
Mon Jan 23 08:45:34 CST 2006

When I see something like:

 FCAPS (management domain) - an area of knowledge relative to providing
       control over, and information about, the behavior, health,
       lifecycle, etc. of manageable resources. Such as Performance
       Management, Health Management, etc.

Then I find that confusing.
I think we all know what FACAPS stands for.
Putting (management domain) in parethesis seems strange to me.
I am also not sure how FCAPS plays a role in "lifecycle".

Anyway, it is unclear to me really what you try to define here.
Which term, and why does it need a different definition than what
we all know FCAPS stands for?

Bert