[scrm-wg] Notes from SCRM Meeting Monday 4/10

Mark A. Carlson Mark.Carlson at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 10 08:43:15 CDT 2006

* Tom Roney
* Winston Bumpus
* Joel Replogle
* Hiro Kishimoto
* Bert Wijnen
* Dan Romascanu
Vincent Francesini
* Heather Kreger
Dave Sidor
* Mark Carlson
Jay Unger
* Eric Seymour (Bridgeman Communications)

* attended

Bert discussed his concerns about over selling the accomplishments of
the group in the proposed press release. He would be happier if we
clarified that it is a 10,000 foot view.

We also discussed making the press release more of an invitation to help
keep the wiki updated. The goal should not be chest pounding. The goal
should be to get involvement in keeping the wiki site updated with
ongoing development of and collaboration by SDOs.

Bert mentioned that we need to be careful not to stress too much the
uniqueness of the effort given the NGNMFG work. We do have uniqueness in
having it in wiki form that makes it more of a living document. We will
be careful not to usurp authority that we don't have. We are trying to
overcome the perception that standards bodies work in a vacuum. There is
some forum shopping going on as people take their ideas to more
sympathetic groups - the main benefit of this work should be to make
that less likely by increasing its visibility.

Eric will soften the press release and craft it more along the lines of
an invitation and send back through Steve Crumb. He will try and get it
to Steve by Wednesday.
Eric asked about search or shortcut functions. The "Search Wiki Pages"
function on test forge seems to be broken.

All press release quotes should be approved and finalized by April 21st.
We will meet again next week to review progress on the press release.