[scrm-pvt] Management Roadmap for SCRM discussion

Dave Sidor djsidor at nortel.com
Fri Jun 24 00:36:39 CDT 2005

Hiro,

Now that the SCRM WG is an official GGF WG, I assume it has its own (and
new) mailing list, web/ftp site, and possibly GGF-related procedures to
follow. If so, can you point us to the related information?

Thanks

Dave

Hiro Kishimoto wrote:

> Thanks Heather for this pointer.
>
> Yes, I think it is very relevant to SCRM activity. It is a high level
> requirement document for System Management Domain. GGF OGSA-WG also
> make final call for "OGSA roadmap document v1.0" submission for public
> comment by GGF at large. This roadmap document is for Grid Computing
> Domain.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9ssa9
>
> If SCRM-WG co-chairs, Jay Unger and Mark Carlson, agree, I think it is
> good idea to introduce these two documents at upcoming SCRM-WG session
> at GGF14.
>
> Is there any other relevant documents we should bring in at this
> session?
>
> Thanks,
> ----
> Hiro Kishimoto
>
> Heather Kreger wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I know that conversations are underway in earnest on the landscape and
> > taxonomy papers and I am looking forward to being involved in those
> > discussions going forward.
> >
> > IBM has recently published a white paper with HP and CA that expresses
our
> > view on the value of using Web services as a management platform to the
> > industry, the major, foundational architectural roles, where some
existing
> > standards and specifications fit into those roles, and some work on our
> > radar a little further down the road. We've been informally referring to
> > this paper as the 'Management Roadmap'.
> >
> > We think this paper is of similar scope and direction of the landscape
and
> > taxonomy papers. We are very interested in the opinions of those on this
> > working group.  We'd also being very interested in discussing if our
> > are similar to your own and if this paper could be used to accellerate
the
> > development of this group's deliverables.
> >
> > Hiro, I'd be happy to have this paper discussed on a call/meeting
whenever
> > the agenda permits.
> >
> > Here's the post we made to OGSA, WSDM, and DMTF WS-CIM:
> > CA, HP and IBM would like to make you  aware of a paper that we have
> > recently published jointly.  This paper,  'Management Using Web
Services,
> > A Proposed Architecture and Roadmap' characterizes challenges facing the
> > IT systems  management community and defines a roadmap and strategy for
> > the evolution of  management systems to support emerging business
> > environments. It explains how a  common approach for manageability
(using
> > Web services infrastructure) can  simplify the management solutions for
> > both existing systems and systems based  upon emerging Service-Oriented
> > Architectures (SOA). It defines a comprehensive  Web services based
> > systems management architecture that supports, integrates,  and unifies
> > several popular management models and technologies in a way to  manage
any
> > IT resource in a platform and language-neutral manner.
> >
> > We believe that CIM, WSDM, WSRF, and WS-Notification are some of the
> >  foundation standards for this Roadmap.
> >
> > You can get a copy of the management roadmap at one of this links:
> > HP: http://devresource.hp.com/drc/resources/muwsarch/index.jsp
> > IBM:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/specification/ws-m
roadmap/