[scrm-pvt] Management Roadmap for SCRM discussion

Heather Kreger kreger at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 22 13:04:15 CDT 2005

Hello all,

I know that conversations are underway in earnest on the landscape and
taxonomy papers and I am looking forward to being involved in those
discussions going forward.

IBM has recently published a white paper with HP and CA that expresses our
view on the value of using Web services as a management platform to the
industry, the major, foundational architectural roles, where some existing
standards and specifications fit into those roles, and some work on our
radar a little further down the road. We've been informally referring to
this paper as the 'Management Roadmap'.

We think this paper is of similar scope and direction of the landscape and
taxonomy papers. We are very interested in the opinions of those on this
working group.  We'd also being very interested in discussing if our views
are similar to your own and if this paper could be used to accellerate the
development of this group's deliverables.

Hiro, I'd be happy to have this paper discussed on a call/meeting whenever
the agenda permits.

Here's the post we made to OGSA, WSDM, and DMTF WS-CIM:
CA, HP and IBM would like to make you  aware of a paper that we have
recently published jointly.  This paper,  'Management Using Web Services,
A Proposed Architecture and Roadmap' characterizes challenges facing the
IT systems  management community and defines a roadmap and strategy for
the evolution of  management systems to support emerging business
environments. It explains how a  common approach for manageability (using
Web services infrastructure) can  simplify the management solutions for
both existing systems and systems based  upon emerging Service-Oriented
Architectures (SOA). It defines a comprehensive  Web services based
systems management architecture that supports, integrates,  and unifies
several popular management models and technologies in a way to  manage any
IT resource in a platform and language-neutral manner.

We believe that CIM, WSDM, WSRF, and WS-Notification are some of the
 foundation standards for this Roadmap.

You can get a copy of the management roadmap at one of this links:
HP: http://devresource.hp.com/drc/resources/muwsarch/index.jsp
IBM:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/specification/ws-mroadmap/

CA: http://www3.ca.com/technologies/Collateral.asp?CID=70104&ID=3339

Thank you,
Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services and Management Architect for SWG Standards
kreger at us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572