[SAGA-RG] python bindings

Sylvain Reynaud Sylvain.Reynaud at in2p3.fr
Sat Sep 3 10:55:18 CDT 2011

Hi Mark,

I would call that a "limitation" rather than a "defeat". Indeed,
creating URLs and security contexts is generally a small part of
application code, so having a standard API is still useful for all the
rest of the code!

Yes there is some room for interpretation about URL and security
contexts, but I am not sure if it is too much... For example, with URLs
; should the SAGA specification enumerate all the possible schemes for
all existing technologies, and then be updated each time a new
technology is born ? The same question applies to security contexts as
well, because their attributes depends on which information is required
by the middleware, rather than which functionnality we want to provide
to users.

I am not saying that we should not try to overcome this "limitation",
but I am not sure that the SAGA-Core specification document would be the
best place for this.

Cheers,
Sylvain