[SAGA-RG] sessions at OGF-30

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Nov 23 14:52:49 CST 2010

Hi Sylvain,

thanks for the follow up!  Very much appreciated.

FWIW, would it be possible to circulate your slides from OGF30?
Yutaka, would it be possible for you to circulate your slides as well?

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Sylvain Reynaud
<Sylvain.Reynaud at in2p3.fr> wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>

> This mail is to answer some questions you asked during OGF SAGA session.
>
> 1) usage of monitoring in namespace package :
> I said that monitoring was used for implementing a progress-bar for file
> transfer in a GUI. In fact, the monitoring is done through a
> (non-standardized) metric of task, as you suspected it.

Yes, that makes sense.  That invites the question if one should not
make the metrics on task extensible...

> 2) usage of permissions in namespace package :
> As I said during the session, this feature is used and very important for
> several JSAGA users. However, simple unix-like permissions would be enough
> for these use-cases, and anyway we don't have any adaptor supporting
> advanced ACL.

That is good to know :-)

Thanks, best regards,

  Andre.