[SAGA-RG] sessions at OGF-30

Sylvain Reynaud Sylvain.Reynaud at in2p3.fr
Tue Nov 9 05:37:58 CST 2010

Hi Andre,

This mail is to answer some questions you asked during OGF SAGA session.

1) usage of monitoring in namespace package :
I said that monitoring was used for implementing a progress-bar for file
transfer in a GUI. In fact, the monitoring is done through a
(non-standardized) metric of task, as you suspected it.

2) usage of permissions in namespace package :
As I said during the session, this feature is used and very important
for several JSAGA users. However, simple unix-like permissions would be
enough for these use-cases, and anyway we don't have any adaptor
supporting advanced ACL.

As agreed upon during the SAGA Interop Feast, I have made a patch based
on the new version 1.1 of the reference Java Bindings for SAGA, in order
to enable coexistence of several Java implementations of SAGA as shown
in our demo. I will send this patch in a separate mail.

Best regards,
Sylvain