[SAGA-RG] SAGA Job State Model

Ole Weidner oweidner at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Mar 22 07:54:03 CDT 2010

Aloha,

what was the reason again *not* to have a "pending" state in the saga job model? I'm implementing the third job adaptor (gLite CREAM) for saga and again, I don't know if I should map gLite's "pending" state to saga::job::New or saga::job::Running. Most of the middleware API's out there come with a plethora of states (e.g. gLite: 11), but most of them map naturally map to one of the saga job model's states. "Pending" is a state pretty much used by everyone (Condor, PBS, LSF, Globus, gLite, GridSAM) and it really doesn't map to saga's model. IMHO it's a major design flaw - how could this fall through the sieve? Or is there a  reason behind this?

Cheers,
Ole