[SAGA-RG] next phone call?

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Nov 18 15:36:06 CST 2009

Hi all,

below are the notes from todays call.  Next call in two weeks, same
time.

The phone line quality today was very bad.  Also, we had 4 callers
from Europe which pinged back and forth over the pond, which did not
help.  We may switch phone bridge if the problems continue.

Best, Andre.

  SAGA-WG Call Notes
  ------------------

  - When: Wed Nov 18, 2009, 22:00 CET
  - Who : Andre, Steve, Manuel, Thilo
  - What:

    - python bindings

      - agreement with Mathijs' proposal for buffers
        -> no buffer in py-2, may be added in py-3
        - focus on py-2 bindings for now
        - py-3 is not backw. compatible to py-2, so bindings don't
          need to be either
        - discussion: should fwd ref to py-3 buffers be included?
          Possibly, but no committment to actually adding buffers in
          py-3.

      - errata document should be declared stable, so that py bindings
        can really rely on it (TODO ANDRE)

      - include SD extension in py bindings?
      - in binding yes, impl is different question
      - new bindings should always cover all approved APIs

      - diff of VU/CCT bindings: should be started ASAP
        (TODO MANUEL - thanks!)

    - advert:

      - to be discussed at next call, doc to be circulated before
        (TODO ANDRE)

Quoting [Andre Merzky] (Nov 18 2009):

--
Nothing is ever easy.