[SAGA-RG] SD Spec Proposed Errata

Steve Fisher dr.s.m.fisher at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:45:53 CDT 2009

We propose to make the following changes to the SD spec

- attribute names to start with a capital letter

    This has already been discussed and agreed

- add attribute "InformationServiceUrl"  containing a ref to the
source of the information

    We want this so that it is possible to determine where the
information has come from. It will not be possible to use this
attribute for selection - use the URL in the discoverer constructor
instead. Note that it is  "InformationServiceUrl" rather than
"InformationServiceURL"

- add attribute "ImplementationVersion" - taken from the corresponding
GLUE field

- add attribute "InterfaceVersion" - taken from the corresponding GLUE field

- add multi-valued attribute "Capability" to match the GLUE-2
capability which in turn uses the OGSA defined set of values

    This was discussed within a small group at LSU F2F

    This will be more useful than the current "Type" as service types
tend to be peculiar to one grid. The description of type will simply
say:

   "type of service. This API does not restrict values of the service
type - it might be a DNS name, a URN or any other string." and table 1
will be deleted.

Comments please