[SAGA-RG] missing(?) method reporting last modification time

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Jun 4 15:23:53 CDT 2009

Dear Sylvain,

two small of comments to points not covered in your second
mail.

Quoting [Sylvain Reynaud] (Jun 04 2009):

> >  NSEntry.remove() allows !Recursive flag:
> >
> >    The is actually in the spec, as
> >
> >      saga::directory d (url);
> >      d.remove (0);  // 0: empty flag set, i.e. Recursive is not set
> >
> >    I think what you want is to change the semantics, from
> >
> >      - a â??BadParameterâ?? exception is thrown if the
> >        entry is a directory and the â??Recursiveâ?? flag
> >        is not set.
> >
> >      - a â??BadParameterâ?? exception is thrown if the
> >        entry is a *nonempty* directory and the
> >        â??Recursiveâ?? flag is not set.
> >
> >    Would that solve your use case?
> >
> Yes (my use-case is: "how to implement rmdir").

I'll fix that in the spec, if nobody objects.

> >  job attribute 'NativeJobDescription' added
> >
> >    I assume that is a read-only attribute?
>
> Yes.
>
> >What is the use
> >    case for this one?  Debugging?
> >
> Yes. I don't expect it to be included in the specification.

Understand.  For what its worth: this feature has been
discussed multiple times, but mostly in the other direction:
people wanted to be able to submit natve job submission via
SAGA.  That might (or might not) make it into the spec in
the next version.

Best, Andre.

--
Nothing is ever easy.